WHO WE ARE
We recommend that if you are considered a minor in your country of residence where you will be predominantly using this service, you will need to ask your parent(s) / guardian(s) permission before providing any personal information, and /or entering and using the Text A Star Website. A minor is generally considered under the age of 18.
What information do we gather?
- 1) Information about you
When you become a premium member of TAS, you provide us with personal information such as an email address, your gender, your date of birth and your favourite sport. When completing the registration process, in addition to your email address, we require you to enter your date of birth. Due to TAS commitment to provide appropriate aged content to our users, we require your date of birth so we are best able to regulate your access to content and advertisements that are not age-appropriate.
There may be times throughout your experience on the Website, where you may be asked for further personal information. You will however have the option to provide this information.
- 2) Transactional information
TAS may retain certain details of transactions or payments you make on the Text A Star website when paying for the TAS Premium Services.
- 3) Information through interaction on the TAS site
In some cases you may be asked to vote, provide an opinion, or share information with TAS and/or its affiliates. We will collect and use the data for reporting or improving other user experiences - This information will remain anonymous and only the aggregated data will be used.
- 4) Service access and usage information
When you access Text A Star from a mobile phone, computer, or any other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit and for how long you visit. This information will not be made public and will be used to enhance the user experience.
- 5) Cookies
We use “cookies” to make the functionality and speed of Text A Star more effective. Cookies are used to make Text A Star easier to use and to make our advertising more appropriate. An example of a cookie is if you were to enter the TAS website, the cookie will remember and automatically insert your email address, and will enable you to simply type your password. This makes the experience easier for you as you won’t have to enter your email address every time you come to the TAS site.
- 6) Information from other websites
It is likely we may introduce programs with advertising partners and or affiliates where they share information with us.
We will ask advertisers to provide us with information regarding how TAS users responded to ads shown on our website. For example, did the user purchase a product or a membership. This will enable us to analyse the effectiveness of the adverts that are posted on our website. This will also assist us in approving the quality of advertisements you see on our sites.
What do we do with your information?
Personal information collected by TAS and its affiliates may be stored and processed in Australia or any other country in which the Company and its affiliates maintain facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the Company and its affiliates storing and processing this information for the following purposes.
- With your personal information you provide us with, we use it to:
- enable a safe and efficient experience.
- To contact you with service related announcements from time to time.
- Analyse aggregated information (For example: Do more females use the TAS service than Males – this will assist TAS with its future advertising and feeling of the website)
- Potentially tailor advertising to you (it is important to note that we do not share your personal and individual information with advertisers)
- Contact you for any rewards or prizes that you win on our Website.
- If you make a payment, we will only share relevant transaction information with only those third parties necessary to complete the transaction.
- TAS and its Affiliates may from time to time use the information to contact you regarding customer service feedback or to inform you of special offers we believe you may be interested in.
- If you invite someone to join Text A Star we will send a friend a message on your behalf using your name and the email address or phone number you have provided. We will not send them any other personal information that you have provided to us, like your date of birth, or age.
If you chose to share information with online marketer / advertisers /affiliates this is done so at your discretion, but Text A Star will not provide your information to these marketers / advertisers / affiliates.
Aggregated information will be shared to third parties to help improve or promote our service. No individual user can be identified through the provision of this information.
We may also disclose information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal and civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities.
By visiting www.textastar.com/contactus or by contacting our support helpline in Australia on Ph: 1300 745 540 or if you are outside of Australia call TAS on +613-9525-4014 or email us at email@example.com.